viernes, 22 de febrero de 2013

5 Senses Unit: My 4th intervention



 Lesson 4: The taste museum - Taste sense

Material for the teacher                                                              Material for the students


 Rubric




Description of the lesson and observations:
The same morning, before starting the lesson, I talked to the English teacher in order to explain her that I needed the computer room in order to do the activity. Unfortunately, the room was taken. So this was my first mistake: the day before I should have reserved the room, but I didn’t remember to do it. For that reason, I decided to change the groups: Instead of working in pairs, the first activity was done by the whole group together, using the whiteboard. In fact, I ended up quite happy of this change. I realised that if I had done the activity in the computer room, it may have been a chaos, and I am not sure if we had had enough time to do all the tasks of the lesson. As far as I have seen, changing rooms can produce a disorder and a more difficult management of the class.


Apart from that, the lesson was, in my opinion, completely successful. I made the students listen, read, write and speak: First of all, they listened to a video which explained how we perceive the taste and the different buds that we have in our tongue. Then, they have to read the text that they have in the worksheet and filling the gaps by writing words that appeared on the video. Finally, the last activity was done in groups and it was corrected orally, so they had the opportunity to speak and to say these new words and the different tastes. So I felt satisfied about the lesson, but, once more, I was not able to complete my rubric during the lesson: I didn’t have time. Students required all my attention, even when they were working in little groups.



I would like to add that I beard in mind to accomplish the students during the whole lesson, by congratulating them with words like “Well done! Good job! Exellent!” because I had realised (during the English lessons with the teacher) that they are more motivated if they receive this kind of accomplishments.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario